Monday, April 25, 2011

April: Still, My Soul Be Still


As of late, I've noticed how much everything around me is constantly changing. This past year has been such a change. New school, new life, new experiences, new everything. I sometimes just wish that things would remain constant. I just wanted something in this world to remain constant, but as 1 Peter 1:24-25 says, "...All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the world of the Lord remains forever. A song that has encouraged me lately is Keith & Kristyn Getty's Still, My Soul be Still.

Still my soul be still, and do not fear though winds of change may rage tomorrow.
God is at your side, no longer dread the fires of unexpected sorrow.

Chorus:

God You are my God, and I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace renew a steadfast spirit within me to rest in You alone.

Still my soul be still, do not be moved by lesser lights and fleeting shadows.
Hold onto His ways with shield of faith against temptations flaming arrows.

Still my soul be still, do not forsake the Truth you learned in the beginning.
Wait upon the Lord and hope will rise as stars appear when day is dimming.



The last verse is my absolute favorite. Although things of this world are constantly changing, one thing that I know remains the same is Christ.


Isaiah 40:28-31
Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
 He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength. 
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint. 


And for this... I am eternally grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Han, Thank you for your thoughts. I used it for my devotion today. Thanks again. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamarazzi Week, blog´s tips and of Mothers Day gift.
    And a special tribute!
    Check it out!
    Kisses and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to look this song up! Sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete