Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thankfulness and Gratefulness

I know this isn't a song of the month. That has yet to come, however since I've yet to do an update of how things have been, I think now is the appropriate time. As I sit outside enjoying the weather, waiting for my next class and eating my lunch, I got to thinking about what God has done in my life so far. As a result of this, I am made aware of how thankful and grateful I should be regardless of my own condition.


Quick update:
School has been doing quite well. It has been crazy in the last couple months as my a cappella group prepared for competition. We found ourselves rehearsing at ridiculous times (5pm-9pm Sunday, 10pm-1230am Monday, 7pm-12am Wednesday) and whatever else. We placed 2nd at Quarter Finals and advanced into the Semi Finals where we placed 4th. To be honest, I really wanted to fly out to New York for finals, but at the same time, I'm really relieved that we didn't. If we did make it to finals, I wouldn't have been able to go home and enjoy much needed time with friends and family.







Spring Break=A-mazing.

I had a lot accomplished here. I got to paint my room because I was absolutely sick of the plain white pasty walls. I replaced this dull color with Behr's "Rejuvenate" Green. I also was able to put of a decent source of light up in my room. Do you see that little lamp in the corner of the room? Yes, that was my only source of light for the past seven years. My room was somewhat inspired by Florence + the Machine's music video "Cosmic Love". I wanted hanging lightbulbs in my room, but the were quite expensive, so I had to improvise. I also got to play around with furniture positions and what not. We also had an amazing garage sale held by the Johnson's (check out her blog). I made a lot more than I though I would've. So obviously, finding thing to sell, involves ripping one's living space apart. Although the shot of my "new room" may look organized, what you don't know is that I have a closet in the opposite corner of the room in which everything has been shoved into at the last minute due to time restrictions. Oh college, how I don't miss you.


Since I've been here in college, I've been praying for contentment, more specifically in the areas of dating/relationships and I really do believe that the Lord has granted me this. I am content with the fact that I am single and that this, at the current time, is my current ministry. Whether I am in a relationship or not, I am still to glorify God. I am satisfied in Him alone. :) As I should be. 


John 3:30-31

"He must increase, but I must decrease." He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all

No comments:

Post a Comment