Thursday, June 30, 2011

June: The Glory of the Cross


It's that time again, yessirree. Segway: before I tell you about the song of the month, I just thought I'd pop it in there to say that I am sad I did not make Resolved 2011 this year :(. I heard it was remarkable and the preaching was, as always, convicting. Thank you, Resolved 2011 for Live streaming the conference. You've made me a happy girl. If you couldn't make it to the conference like myself, there are recordings of the sessions provided (here). Also if you're not sure what this conference is about or how it's run, click  (here) and see what goes on throughout Resolved.
Nevertheless, where ever I am and whatever the time is, I should be proclaiming what Christ has done for me and how because of what he's done, I am forever changed. It's time for me to reveal the song of the month. What song is better than one that proclaims the glory of the cross? 
The Glory of the Cross (Listen Here)
What wisdom once devised the plan
Where all our sin and pride
Was placed upon the perfect Lamb
Who suffered, bled, and died?
The wisdom of a Sovereign God
Whose greatness will be shown
When those who crucified Your Son
Rejoice around Your throne
And, oh, the glory of the cross
That You would send Your Son for us
I gladly count my life as loss
That I might come to know
The glory of, the glory of the cross
What righteousness was there revealed
That sets the guilty free
That justifies ungodly men
And calls the filthy clean?
A righteousness that proved to all
Your justice has been met
And holy wrath is satisfied
Through one atoning death
What mercy now has been proclaimed
For those who would believe
A love incomprehensible
Our minds could not conceive?
A mercy that forgives my sin
Then makes me like Your Son
And now I’m loved forevermore
Because of what You’ve done
© 2000 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).
I absolutely adore this song and hold it dear to my heart because every word of it is true. The cross does not only represent the place where Christ has died, but so much more. It is the symbol of what Christ has done for us. He has justified and made clean a filthy wretch like me and has called me his own. "A love incomprehensible" is correct. In our humanistic minds, we cannot fully understand the cross. We cannot graduate from the gospel.The gospel is "it." The core essence of the Christian faith. This song accurately portrays what the gospel is. 
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment