Saturday, July 30, 2011

July: Be Thou My Vision

It's that time of the month already? I guess I should probably blog, huh? Yes. Okay.


So, my family and I went to Chicago for my dearest cousin's wedding. 


 We, as a family have walked over 30 miles all over downtown Chicago due to lack of knowledge of how to use the public transportation system... more adventures there... getting lost on a bus was one of them.

We did all the touristy things... What can I say? We're asian...
One of which was that we went to Millenium Park.
Could someone please hand me a hose of windex and a lifetime supply of towels?



It was thee cutest little wedding ever! It was no more than 200 people. Thank the Lord that the Chicago humidity didn't get to us. 


But best of all, it was sort of like a mini family reunion :) I haven't seen my cousin since I was 4 or 5 and now she's married to one of the most charming young men I've ever met. I'll be praying for them on a daily basis. Congrats Chad and Alicia :)




Anyway, through all this, I've thought about what song I would like to walk down the aisle to, if the Lord has it in his will for me to get married, and I've got just the song.


Be Thou My Vision (listen here)


Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art. 
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night, 
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord; 
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son; 
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always: 
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart, 
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun! 
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, 
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.



Although, according to man, this day should be about the bride and the groom coming together as one, the real significance of marriage is that it is the symbolic representation of Jesus Christ and his church coming together. Marriage is not solely about two people making a covenant to stay with each other for better or for worse, but to put God on display for all the world to see. To live as one unit, striving to glorify our Creator and our Savior. To be a living testament of the gospel. That is why I think this song is appropriate for when I do walk down the aisle. I guess you can kind of say that it's setting the tone for the new chapter: to keep Christ the center of our lives, first and foremost. For it is without Jesus' grace that we fail to do things, however hard we try.


My prayer is this: that I may continue to live with Christ as the center of my life, single or married. May I continue to live a life that is glorifying to Him.


Chad and Alicia, I'm going to pray that this be your focus throughout your marriage. :)
I love you, both.


1 Corinthians 10:31 
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment