Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And So It Begins... Again

Part Deux

After a five and a half hours of singing at the top of her lungs, Hannah arrived at a familiar destination. As she slung her backpack over her should, she began to approach the house. Previously receiving a text about how to get into the house, she checks under the doormat to see if there really was a key waiting for her. Sure enough, it was. "And so it begins," she said.

Well, I'm back at school sure enough and I definitely can't say that it was easy leaving home. In fact, I believe it was harder. I have mentioned to my friends already that whenever I thought about leaving for school, I had already become homesick. Just so much has gone on this past summer and I feel like there wasn't enough of it. I feel as if summer was a rug beneath my feet that was yanked out from underneath me. Kind of crazy. Alas, I need education to get a job and pay for the rest of my life the countless bills I'll be receiving. Unless... you know... there's some kind soul out there... that would.. you know... pay for the rest of my life. :) please and thank you.

Anyway, with this new school year starting, I've got a couple goals in mind that I hope you, the readers, would keep me accountable. 

1. I hope to keep up a regular schedule to read my Bible.
This is such a struggle for me. I find that I spend a ridiculous amount of time on social media websites as opposed to read the Bible, and it shouldn't be that way. Pray for me that I can be immersed in God's word daily.

2. To stay disciplined in my studies.
This semester, I'm taking two online classes and we all know that there are so many distractions on the computer and what not, especially on the internet. Classes in general this semester are going to be interesting. Pray for me that I can have self control and remain on the task that is given to me. 

3. To stay focused on Christ.
Amidst all this education, extra-curriculars come into play and once I get overwhelmed the whole, "I have to fix this" mentality takes over me. Also, there are so many distractions all around me that take my gaze off Christ. Thankfully, God has put wonderful people in my life to keep me accountable and remind me of why I really live, and who I live for. Pray for me that I live for Christ fervently every second I have.

4. Gospel Opportunities.
Pray that these opportunities would be presented to me, that I would take advantage of them and not take them lightly. Pray that I would be strong in my faith and not in anyway timid. Pray that the Lord would give me wisdom and discernment in my words when I share the Gospel.

Thank you for all your love and support and just seeing me through my years of college, and my life in general. :) Love you all so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment