Saturday, January 9, 2010

From 2009 to 2010.

Adieu 2009. Bonjour 2010. Looking back on 2009, undoubtedly, it was the year that turned my world upside-down. Yes, I am about to start a new year and set new goals, but as much as I want to start this year with a clean slate, I won't be able to. The trials and tribulations of 2009 roll their way into 2010. My faith has been tested on numerous accounts and will continue to for as long as I continue to persue my walk with my Savior, Jesus.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing... Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." James 1:3-4, 12

Whatever that the Lord has for me: I hope that I am willing to accept what He has for me and that I would always rejoice in Him no matter my own personal state. May I always be reminded of His grace and remember Jesus' death on the cross, which has redeemed me. I pray that I would continuously be a beacon for the Lord, through action, deed and thought. My goal: To bring glory to Jesus, who is more than deserving of it. May my love for Christ be fervent and constant.
Regarding my present state: I know that God is in control of everything and He is Sovereign in all He does. I acknowledge my wretched human nature, pride and all my wants to "be in control." I pray that I am able to fully depend on God. Although I understand that He is sovereign in all He does, I pray that I would not live my life blindly and ignorantly.
2010: What the world wants from me: Just because I live in the world, does not mean that I live of the world. Just like how water and oil do not mix, I pray that my walk with Jesus would not be skewed despite all the standards and expectations that the world throws at me. I am going to graduate in less than 5 months and without a doubt, I'll have more responsibilities both at home and at school. I'd have to be ready and prepared for what's to come. I don't know what the future holds and part of me never wants to find out what the future holds. As much as I would like to put the world on pause to catch my breathe, it's never going to happen, so I'm just going to have to go along with it even if I don't want to.
Auf Wiedersehen, 2009. 2010, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment